Building products such as wall paints, varnishes and floor coverings are used to cover large surfaces indoors. Therefore, it is important that these products have low emissions and are also not harmful to human health in other ways. Every time we purchase a product or service, we also directly or indirectly decide on the negative impact it will have on the climate, water, soil, air or our own health. To ensure that consumers can also take environmental aspects into account in their purchasing decisions, they need reliable information on the effects that a product will have on the environment and human health.
It is often not possible to find information on the product’s impact on the environment and your own health, as well as on any social aspects, on the product itself. For example, was the product produced in an environmentally friendly manner, were hazardous substances avoided in the production of the product and is the product easy to recycle? This is precisely where the Blue Angel can provide assistance to consumers by making the invisible visible.
The Blue Angel certifies the following groups of building products:
- Concrete products containing recycled aggregates for outdoor flooring
- Floor-covering adhesives
- Elastic floor coverings
- Textile floor coverings
- Floor coverings, panels and doors made of wood and wood-based materials
- Low-emission thermal insulation material and suspended ceilings for use in buildings
- Low-emission panel-shaped materials (construction and furnishing panels) for interior construction
- Internal plasters
- Varnishes, lacquers and primers
- Mechanical frame fasteners for room doors without the use of building foam
- Flushing boxes
- Wall paints
- External thermal insulation composite systems