The Blue Angel – The Reliable Label
- The „because“ in the „BLUE ANGEL“ logo clearly states why the respective product has been ecolabelled.
- The consumer can see the essential environmental features from the surrounding text („because...“)
- Blue Angel-certified products show the plausible ecological and/or health benefit
For example: health protection thanks to low pollutant loads in indoor spaces by using Blue Angel-certified paints and varnishes
- Clear and assuredly neutral label for products and services which by comparison with conventional products...
- have less negative impact on the environment
- help to conserve resources during production
- require less resources in use and disposal
- do not contain substances harmful to health or the environment
- nevertheless perform their functions (serviceability) on a high quality level
Credibility and Competence by...
- Federal Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt) which develops the technical criteria
- expert hearings involving representatives from industry and other expert groups
- Environmental Label Jury composed of representatives from HDE (Central Association of German Retail Trade), BUND (Friends of the Earth Germany), BDI (Federation of German Industries), NABU (Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union), DGB (Confederation of German Trade Unions), vzbv (Federation of German Consumer Organisations), SWR (South West German Broadcasting Corporation) as well as Stiftung Warentest (Foundation for comparative product testing), churches, state ministries of the environment, local authorities and science, decides on the award of a Blue Angel
- RAL which organizes the award with the label users
- German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the supporting organization of the Blue Angel